Re: drumbeats

If you've ever seen the Rick Pitino show on Channel 4, you've seen Rick
teaching fundamentals.  He always has some drill or another that he's
putting players through.  I understand also that he has a series of
videotapes which deal with teaching fundamental basketball.  Pitino has
made comments lately to the effect that he has no time to teach
fundamentals because all of the practice time is going into preparing
for opponents.   I tend to think there's no point in doing that if
certain fundamentals are not in place.  Like a couple of offensive
plays, for starters.

Jim

BTW, this is really me.  I'm just trying Yahoo for a while to see if
it's any better than Hotmail, which sucks.

--- peter delevett  wrote:

Pitino seems to be  more focused on teaching the
"system" and not the underlying fundamental skills.