RE: Oohhh a tough one

On Thursday, March 18, 1999 7:54 PM, Daniel Forant Sr
[SMTP:dforant1@nycap.rr.com] wrote:

> Well, we played our hearts out. It was a tough one. We're young, we'll
get
> better, just going to take some time. Be patient. Takes time for youth to
> develop........All that is for the soft brains that buy that junk.
>
> Now for reality, we suck, big time. This is not good development. Let's
> face it, we don't have the talent to compete even at the middle level of
> the NBA. Mercer, Walker, and Anderson are not the talent we thought they
> were. Sure 14 for Anderson but 4 assists. I don't mean they stink, just
> that they aren't what the ads say. Pierce is hurt, and a rook but he is
the
> real deal. It's time to bench Walker, he is hurting us more than helping.
> And Mercer, he's brain dead. We'll not get it together this season with
> this helter skelter out of control offense.
>
> I hope and pray we stink enough to get a 1-2-3 pick.
>

> I have to agree with Daniel. 9 points in the 4th !   We have no go to
scorer and Mercer is simply a terrible shooter. He simply has no range
which pretty much makes him a liability at the 2 spot, as you can not beat
the good teams without some outside scoring ability.  Walker can't play the
4, so move Mercer for a 4 like Lorenzen Wright that would give us a
physical front line.  I hope we also get one of the top 3 picks, which by
seasons end we may be in contention so we can take a Baron Davis & move
Anderson for a veteran shooter.