People behind names

In the new spirt of openness sparked by Doug Haigh (formerly Douglas342):
My name is Nathan Arneal, and I usually sign in as Nathan A. I am a 23
year-old fifth year senior at Univeristy of Nebraska. Next year I hope to be
teaching and coaching basketball.
My Dad was a Celtic fan, so I naturally adopted them, but since then I have
become much more the Celtic nut as Dad. I started following the Celtics for
real in 1987 (AKA the year after the C's last championship.) During the dark
post-Reggie and ML Carr days I wouldn't follow them much except for an
occasional glance at the standings to see how far in the cellar we were,
this being the only coverage the C's would get in this area. Then, a few
months before the Billups/Mercer draft, I found this list, which gave me
access to all the latest C's news and discussion from fellow devoted Celtics
fans. This list, coupled with the hiring of the man who had already been my
favorite basketball coach, Rick Pitino, really got me going again.
Now I look at this list as a sort of psudeo-family (including the occasional
family spat). We get to know each other's personalitys and can kid each
other and know who to address our questions to. We've developed our on lingo
exclusive to members of this list (bannana boy!) It's nice to log on and
count on seeing an outstanding game summary from a Bill Cooper, or the
insights of a Dorine, the imagination of a Warwick, or the commentary of a
Josh O, or a posting from any one of the dozens of familiar names on this
list. I only hope that my contributions are appreciated once in a while as
much as I like reading what you guys have to say.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, (sniff) I love you guys!

Thanks for giving a daily transfusion of green blood to a Celtic fan in
Nebraska!

Nathan A.
The North Bend Sports Page:
http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430/sports.html

"Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is." - Vince Lombardi

"Hey, man, this is a new era for the Celtics. This is the Pitino Era. We're
about to play some ball here.... I hope teams understand they are
playing the Boston Celtics. We are not the rebuilding Boston Celtics. When
we're on our game, we can do some damage. Look at the Pitino Era. We're not
going to be blown out by teams. Do teams know that? If they don't, they
better ask somebody."  -- Kenny Anderson, Cetlics point guard