Antoine Leads The Celtics To Victory...

Just as soon as he's traded for a point guard or power forward...

However, I must praise Antoine tonight.  He put on one of the
greatest performances of ball-hoggedness ever exhibited in these
parts.  His magnificient forays to the hoop only to have the
shot blocked; the shot missed; the free throw missed; the
ball stolen away; the ball turned over were a thing to behold.
But we must be patient with him, as this is only is third year
in the NBA.  We have to give him another three or four more
years to develop.

On a more serious note, there seems to be a direct correlation
between how well Pierce plays and Celtics competitiveness.
Games that Pierce performs poorly in or misses due to injuries
are the one's that the C's are outplayed badly, with rare
exceptions.  When Pierce is playing well, the C's deliver a
good performance.  Pierce apparently re-sprained his ankle
tonight and was out-of-sorts all game long, and the C's suffered
accordingly.  Hopefully against the Knicks, he'll have regained
some mobility...
MG