Re: Kandiboy needs a pacifier?

High on basketball knowledge, dude.  Francis will be a
great point guard.  Would you rather have a great point guard
or a mismatched power forward, someone whose numbers are dropping
down?  I'll take the great point guard. Rogers has skills,
he's miscast like the rest of the Clippers.  He will be
a nice acquisition if the deal goes through, because he
can shoot and takes up a lot of space. He was a terrific
player in Denver but got swallowed up in the Clippers maw.
MG

Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Rebounds Walker=9.0
> >                   Olow=6.6
> >
> > Assists  Walker=3.2
> >                 Olow=.3
> >
> > Blocks  Walker=.65
> >                Olow=1.0
> >

> > Now there will be those of you who will argue that Walker's shooting
> percentage was worse, but we are comparing him to a 7-0 center.  Hell
> Chris Dudley shoots better than Walker.  But at 45% I am far from
> impressed by Olowokandi.  At 7-0 a center's percentage is not
> dependent upon the quality of the point guard, his shot attempts might
> be, but the basket is the same size no matter who is giving you the
> ball.  Why would we want to trade Walker for anyone?  Sure if it were
> a situation where we were going to lose and get nothing, but Walker is
> ours.  There is not a player in the league with his promise.  But ahh,
> do we want more promise on the team?  I say yes.  What is our average
> age?  Like 3rd or 4th lowest in the league?  If it takes us 4 years to
> get into the NBA finals, or even just the Eastern conference
> finals...Walker will be what?  26? Just about to hit his prime.  I say
> the C's would be stupid to make any trades involving our three stars.
> We simply can not get the talent to justify it.
> >
> >     Am I wrong gang?  I just think we have a hell of a team in front
> of us.  What we need is a bit more coaching, I think.  Who has seen
> the evidence of coaching?  What are our assistants doing?  I don't
> want to point fingers at the coaching staff because I have not seen
> enough games to say, but if Walker is having to, or thinking he has
> to, pull the \trigger so much, shouldn't there be a coach saying,
> "Hey, we need a different game plan here."
> >
> >     We can all find our gaots if we want to.  The team is really
> struggling right now, so the flaws come out.  Instead of looking at
> the greener grass on the other side of the fence, lets try to
> fertilize ours for a bit and see what we can grow.
> >

> > Jp
> >
> > The object of teaching a child
> > is to enable him to get along
> > without his teacher
> >      -Elbert Hubbard
> >
> <HR>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
>
> <META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
> <META content='"MSHTML 4.72.3511.1300"' name=GENERATOR>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Hey gang.</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>    Some one help me out
> here.  Some one on the list just questioned my knowledge of
> basketball.  Saying that I would be a  fool not to trade Walker
> straight up for Olowokandi.  I nearly hit the floor when I read
this.
> So I had to go do some research and here is what I see
when</FONT></DIV>
> [...]
> coach
> saying, "Hey, we need a different game plan here."  </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>    We can all find our gaots if
> we want to.  The team is really struggling right now, so the flaws
come
> out.  Instead of looking at the greener grass on the other side of
the
> fence, lets try to fertilize ours for a bit and see what we can
grow.
> </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV><FONT size=2>Jp</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The object of teaching a child<BR>is
> to enable
> him to get along<BR>without his teacher<BR>     -Elbert

==
MG In Exile