Re: Kandiboy needs a pacifier?

Absolutely.  The idea of Walker-for-Kandi is that a good center is
better than a great everything else.  I don't buy it, and never have.
Kandi hasn't shown me anything special -- just another guy.  As for
this Battie and Bowen trade, I still don't believe it, and I wouldn't
trade Battie even up for Rogers, what do you think of that?  It makes
me feel better about the credibility of this trade that the same guy
who approves of it considers rogers a backup in case Pitino trade
Walker for good point guard.  What are you guys, high?

---JP  wrote:

> Hey gang.
>
>     Some one help me out here.  Some one on the list just questioned
my knowledge of basketball.  Saying that I would be a  fool not to
trade Walker straight up for Olowokandi.  I nearly hit the floor when
I read this.  So I had to go do some research and here is what I see
when
> I look at Kandiman Vs. Walker's rookie season (when he was asked to
play every position nearly every night).

> Points  Walker=17.5
>                Olow=8.5
>
> Rebounds Walker=9.0
>                   Olow=6.6
>
> Assists  Walker=3.2
>                 Olow=.3
>
> Blocks  Walker=.65
>                Olow=1.0
>

> Now there will be those of you who will argue that Walker's shooting
percentage was worse, but we are comparing him to a 7-0 center.  Hell
Chris Dudley shoots better than Walker.  But at 45% I am far from
impressed by Olowokandi.  At 7-0 a center's percentage is not
dependent upon the quality of the point guard, his shot attempts might
be, but the basket is the same size no matter who is giving you the
ball.  Why would we want to trade Walker for anyone?  Sure if it were
a situation where we were going to lose and get nothing, but Walker is
ours.  There is not a player in the league with his promise.  But ahh,
do we want more promise on the team?  I say yes.  What is our average
age?  Like 3rd or 4th lowest in the league?  If it takes us 4 years to
get into the NBA finals, or even just the Eastern conference
finals...Walker will be what?  26? Just about to hit his prime.  I say
the C's would be stupid to make any trades involving our three stars.
We simply can not get the talent to justify it.

>     Am I wrong gang?  I just think we have a hell of a team in front
of us.  What we need is a bit more coaching, I think.  Who has seen
the evidence of coaching?  What are our assistants doing?  I don't
want to point fingers at the coaching staff because I have not seen
enough games to say, but if Walker is having to, or thinking he has
to, pull the \trigger so much, shouldn't there be a coach saying,
"Hey, we need a different game plan here."

>     We can all find our gaots if we want to.  The team is really
struggling right now, so the flaws come out.  Instead of looking at
the greener grass on the other side of the fence, lets try to
fertilize ours for a bit and see what we can grow.

> Jp
>
> The object of teaching a child
> is to enable him to get along
> without his teacher
>      -Elbert Hubbard

<HR>
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Hey gang.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>    Some one help me out
here.  Some one on the list just questioned my knowledge of
basketball.  Saying that I would be a  fool not to trade Walker
straight up for Olowokandi.  I nearly hit the floor when I read this.
So I had to go do some research and here is what I see when</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I look at Kandiman Vs. Walker's rookie
season
(when he was asked to play every position nearly every night).
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Points  Walker=17.5</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#000000
size=2>
Olow=8.5</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Rebounds Walker=9.0</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#000000
size=2>
Olow=6.6</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Assists  Walker=3.2</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#000000
size=2>
Olow=.3</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Blocks  Walker=.65</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000
size=2>
Olow=1.0</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Now there will be those of you who will argue that
[...]
it.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>    Am I wrong gang?  I just
think we have a hell of a team in front of us.  What we need is a bit
more
coaching, I think.  Who has seen the evidence of coaching?  What are
our assistants doing?  I don't want to point fingers at the coaching
staff
because I have not seen enough games to say, but if Walker is having
to, or
thinking he has to, pull the \trigger so much, shouldn't there be a
coach
saying, "Hey, we need a different game plan here."  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>    We can all find our gaots if
we want to.  The team is really struggling right now, so the flaws come
out.  Instead of looking at the greener grass on the other side of the
fence, lets try to fertilize ours for a bit and see what we can grow.
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Jp</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The object of teaching a child<BR>is
to enable
him to get along<BR>without his teacher<BR>     -Elbert
Hubbard</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>