Re: From Jackie MacMullan's SI column

Jimbo,
Take a chill pill dude.  Olowokandi has skills, which
you might have notioced if you actually watched the game.
Taylor, though he needs to improve on his rebounding
is one of the better young power forwards in the NBA.
Rogers also possesses a great deal of talent, and
Wright is somewhat similar to Jayson Williams.  But
they're all stuck in the basketball version of
purgatory, just waiting for the right team to
liberate them.  With potapenko playing well, obviously
you probably wouldn't be inclined to deal Walker
for Olowokandi at the moment, but Mercer for Taylor
is something I'd consider, and Rogers for Bowen and
Battie would be a great deal.
MG

Jim Meninno <jim_meninno@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so now you're on record as wanting Rodgers, Wright, Taylor and
> Olowokandi.  You'd be willing to part with Antoine and Ron to get
them.
> The Clippers are underperforming because of a poor backcourt, so
they'd
> do better here, right?  But you would have traded Mercer, and can't
> stand Kenny.  In fact you'd dump him for nothing and let some
unproven
> rookie get the ball to these Clipper studs you want to get.  On top
of
> that, the Clippers are unmotivated and therefore underperforming, but
> you'd like to see the back of Pitino, where the Celtics' motivation
> currently comes from.  Toine's game is disintegrating, even though
his
> numbers are more or less the same based on minutes played, except for
> turnovers, which are way down.  I'm going to ask you one more time,
ARE