Kandiboy needs a pacifier?

Hey gang.

    Some one help me out here.  Some one on the list just questioned my knowledge of basketball.  Saying that I would be a  fool not to trade Walker straight up for Olowokandi.  I nearly hit the floor when I read this.  So I had to go do some research and here is what I see when
I look at Kandiman Vs. Walker's rookie season (when he was asked to play every position nearly every night).

Points  Walker=17.5
               Olow=8.5

Rebounds Walker=9.0
                  Olow=6.6

Assists  Walker=3.2
                Olow=.3

Blocks  Walker=.65
               Olow=1.0

Now there will be those of you who will argue that Walker's shooting percentage was worse, but we are comparing him to a 7-0 center.  Hell Chris Dudley shoots better than Walker.  But at 45% I am far from impressed by Olowokandi.  At 7-0 a center's percentage is not dependent upon the quality of the point guard, his shot attempts might be, but the basket is the same size no matter who is giving you the ball.  Why would we want to trade Walker for anyone?  Sure if it were a situation where we were going to lose and get nothing, but Walker is ours.  There is not a player in the league with his promise.  But ahh, do we want more promise on the team?  I say yes.  What is our average age?  Like 3rd or 4th lowest in the league?  If it takes us 4 years to get into the NBA finals, or even just the Eastern conference finals...Walker will be what?  26? Just about to hit his prime.  I say the C's would be stupid to make any trades involving our three stars.  We simply can not get the talent to justify it.

    Am I wrong gang?  I just think we have a hell of a team in front of us.  What we need is a bit more coaching, I think.  Who has seen the evidence of coaching?  What are our assistants doing?  I don't want to point fingers at the coaching staff because I have not seen enough games to say, but if Walker is having to, or thinking he has to, pull the \trigger so much, shouldn't there be a coach saying, "Hey, we need a different game plan here."

    We can all find our gaots if we want to.  The team is really struggling right now, so the flaws come out.  Instead of looking at the greener grass on the other side of the fence, lets try to fertilize ours for a bit and see what we can grow.

Jp

The object of teaching a child
is to enable him to get along
without his teacher