Re: It's a lie...a damn lie!

I think the deal could well be true, for the following reasons:

1.  Just because the Globe doesnt run a story on it doesn't mean it
isnt true -- the Globe is a giant metro broadsheet newspaper and bound
to certain practices.  The WEEIs and Matt Drudges of the world always
get the story first, or at least announce it first.

2.  Shaunnessy has a weekly column, so its likely he got that quote
from Pitino a few days ago. Anyway, it's not like Pitino hasn't been
known to say stuff like this right before a trade.

3.  The message has three sources given: a radio station in LA, WEEI,
and Wallace.   And it sounds real to me, although certainly it is
highway robbery for us.  Did you read what I posted about Mo Taylor?

4.  Much as I love Ron, I like this trade a lot.  Forget about the
starting unit -- imagine a press team of Battie, Walter, Declerq,
Bowen, and Dana.  Battie and Walter would be driving people crazy
together.  We would really punish people with our starting unit.  And
Pierce would as I say be murder at two guard, esp. slashing to the
boards.

---Joe Hironaka  wrote:

> Yeah, it sounds like baloney.  FWIW, Shaughnessy today quoted
Pitinochio saying :
> "I look down the road and I see Antoine and Kenny and Paul and Ron.
I think the
> future is really bright.''   Sounds good to me.
>
> How about you, Paul? (what did you think of the "Bos3332" trade?)
>
> I'm sure there are some of us on the list who could justify a Ron
Mercer for
> either Wright or Taylor swap, much less both of them.
>
> "Kick the Nuggets!"
>

> JH
>

> ****
> damekmo@teleport.com wrote: