RE: Celtics trade options

Tom,

When you come right down to it, who are these physical teams?  I think it
means LA, Vancouver, and Portland, now that Zo is a jump shooter.  The point
anyway is that we need a goon, a "cop," not an overpriced, elephantine post
player a la Ike Austin.  There will always be bigger centers in the league
-- but you don't dismantle your team to fight them.  I think a more
significant problem is that neither Kenny nor Antoine are really first class
defenders (or second class, in Kenny's case.)  But I will admit that a great
shotblocking five would allow us to gamble a lot more.  Still, I have hope
that Riley/Andrew can get the job done.  Denver is actually a pretty
important test for us.  They just beat Utah and LA, and if we get by them we
have Toronto (Kevin Willis, with his giant body and tiny hands, and Charles
Oakley, who played like a berzerker last time around.)  If we can run those
teams down (the proverbial "teams we're supposed to beat") we will be in
good shape.  When our guys play good man to man defense and, in Tommy
Heinsohn's phrase, "unleash the speed" of the fast break, we can beat
anybody.  Anybody!
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division