Re: Bob Sura Highlights Celtics Problem

Mister Ghost wrote:

> >From Bob Finnan in today's Ohio News-Herald:
>
> "Sura, meanwhile, took the ball to the basket aggresively,
> and the Celtics -- who lack a shot-blocking presence -- were able
> to put up very little resistance... 'They had no chance of keeping
> me out of the lane,' Sura said.... 'Obviously they don't have any
> shotblockers...'"

In fairness, I would point out that the Celtics rank 8th in blocked
shots this season in the 29 team league. Although we list-members
continue to flagellate the Celtics over their (genuine) defensive
shortcomings, bear in mind that there are many elite NBA teams that
would love to be ranked #1 in forced turnovers and #3 in steals, while
allowing 44% FG allowed (a major improvement over last season for our
Men in Green).

Interestingly, the Celtics also rank 6th overall (#1 in the Eastern
Conference) in assists and 11th in rebounds (#3 in the EC), all
according to NBA.COM.

So call me "Mr Glass-is-half-full" and open the spigots all the way.

We are a playoff team (as presently constituted), once our explosive
offense gels. Bobby Sura can kiss my green butt.

Joe

****