THE BIGGEST TRADE IN BOSTON'S HISTORY

The biggest trade brought Robert and Kevin to the Celtics of course.

I think a lot of you are looking for a miracle that just isn’t going
to happen.  Pitino is good, however he can’t just wave his magic and,
poof instant center, or point guard.  And some of you talking about
putting Bowen in the starting lineup instead of Mercer when he comes
back.  That’s just plain crazy!  I think all would agree that Mercer
could be averaging more points that 15 if he could stay healthy.  How
long is a guy who was born to be an all-star going to sit the bench.
I agree that it would make the second unit look a lot better but it
still isn’t a good idea.  The Celtics have the best 2-4 in the league
with Walker, Pierce, and Mercer.

Now back to the center situation.  I AM NOT WILLING TO TRADE MERCER,
WALKER, OR PIERCE for a center.  Why because there aren’t any worth
trading for.  Lets face it the best centers aren’t going anywhere.
Pitino made a great move before the season started picking up Battie
and Riley.  Riley has already surpassed my expectations, and Battie is
getting better slowly game by game.  We really have to find him a
place on the club.  All I’m going to say about Andrew is he could be
the backup center on any championship team.  He’s a keeper.  It just
isn’t going to get any better until the off season when the draft
comes and more free agents are available.

Point guard now.  Hummm you guys really have me on this one.  You want
to bring in David Wesley.  Don’t get me wrong, I think David is a
skilled point guard, that can hit the three, but we have Dana and
Kenny.  I think the point guard is our second deepest position next to
the small forward position when Walter comes back.  Neither point
guard has the total package but the complement each other really well.
 Need long distance shooting, and someone to lead the press unit bring
in Dana.  Need a slashing point guard that can really distribute the
ball bring in Kenny.  The best part here is that Kenny is not in the
best of shape and we really havn’t seen what he can do.  And, he’s
still good.

I havn’t read a lot about it but what is the Mutombo trade about.  I
would trade Kenny Anderson and Tony Battie for Mutombo, and Jeff
Sheppard.  Why Sheppard because he is from Kentucky and he can run the
press.  I would even toss in a Minor if they would take him.  I would
hate to loose Kenny, but Mutombo is worth it.  It would really give us
an above average center.  And, with Dana starting at the point it
would give us an above average point guard.  Add that to Walker,
Mercer, and Pierce and watch out.  And tell me that group couldn’t
press.  This would be hell for any team in the league.  The second
unit would be Andrew or Riley with McCarty, Jones, Bowen, and Sheppard
or Garnett.  And if you want that group to press, just take out Jones
and have Andrew and Riley as the center and power forward.  We would
have an 11-man rotation pressing 48 minutes a game.  How many other
teams could keep up with that.  We would be a little week at the
back-up point guard, but it would be worth it.  I went way too far
with this rumor.  But, I would like to see it happen.  This is one of
thoughts trades that could only happen around the trading deadline
because there is no way the Hawks would keep Kenny.

==
IF YOU BLEED GREEN PLEASE COME TO
Jason's Boston Celtics Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/3656/