Re: SPURS

Warwick wrote:

> Yes, they're doing something right..
>
> But what beats me is that they are the same team that started the year 6-8.
> Nothing has changed for them. I must ask why are they suddenly so good???

Suddenly? They won the regular season, and were near the top for most of the
season. The only reason it's a surprise to many people is because the Spurs
weren't being stuffed down our throats like certain other teams.
As to their being good, they may be good precisely because "nothing has
changed for them" (meaning, I assume, trades and new signings). The key to
Spurs' success probably rests in not trading valuable role players for
shoot-first "stars" with gaudy offensive stats, and allowing the players to
sort out their roles on the team.

> But then again, this championship means just slightly more than the average
> summer league championship.

Warwick must be trying to ignite a heated discussion here...:) I bet if the
Jazz won the championship, it would mean a helluva lot.