Re: Will someone explain this need for a power forward to me?

>Why do we need a power forward?  We have our tough
>guy/enforcer at center; a nonscoring shotblocker at 4;
>and scorers at 2 and 3.  I could see the sense in a
>point guard upgrade, or a sixth man, but I don't see
>where we need this tough guy.  Keep Tony Battie!
>(Incidentally, has anyone heard anything about this
>other than from bskball.com?)

I'm not saying I agree with any of the following, however....I think most
people who want a pf assume that the Celtics need a bruiser up front to
compete with/control a player like Brian Grant. The assumption I think is
that VP isn't athletic or mobile enough to stay with Brian, or that even if
he is, he'd have to check the other team's center, and in any case, VP
doesn't seem to be a dominating rebounder, which leads us to.....Tony
Battie. Tony just isn't big enough to cover or compete on the boards with a
player like Grant. Antoine? If he plays sf he's going to be outside quite a
bit. If he stays at pf, he gets dominated by a bruiser like Grant. Again,
I'm not sure I agree 100% with any of this. I certainly don't agree with a
Battie for Rogers deal, and I've only seen this deal discussed on the
"bskball.com" website. Personally, I'm exhausted from the tension of the
wait. I just don't have the energy anymore to discuss the merits of the
current hot trade rumor, although concerning Rasheed Wallace I agree with
Joe (I just can't help myself). Wallace simply isn't a very good rebounder.
He wasn't before Grant, he isn't when he's at the 4 with Grant on the
bench, and he won't be when they put him in the middle to replace Sabonis
who can barely move. Now his offensive game has just exploded, absolutely
taken off. Will it continue? You never know with Wallace. Anyway...I just
want the trading to begin.

Paul M.