Re: Hey Joe, Go Easy On Rasheed

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Let's remember Brian Grant was there along with Sabonis eating
> up rebounds, and Wallace came off the bench.  He didn't
> feel comfortable playing together with Grant, until the
> playoffs, when he started and blossomed.
>
> Sure from a pure power forward standpoint, I'd rather have
> Grant, but I'd certainly consider Wallace.  Dale Davis
> would be okay too, especially if they take Anderson off
> the Celtics hands, and include Travis Best in the deal.
> Ray

  Ray,

I'm with you on this one. If anyone watched 'Sheed consistently over the
course of the season and playoffs you would notice that he *had* to play
the role that he played on the Blazers. With Brian Grant's tremendous
inside game and their lack of any sort of presence at small forward
Wallace was forced to develop an inside/outside game and he has done
remarkably well imho.

When he was asked to play upfront he was able to do that tremendously
well. If he were a couple of inches taller and played center people
would be comparing his away from the basket game to David Robinson's.
Given time I firmly believe that Rasheed Wallace could be the premier
inside/outside power forward in the NBA.

Ben Wallace is also a tremendous talent defensively, but I would much
rather have a Battie on my side due to having a similar style
defensively but with a greatly advanced offense. I guess its like
comparing Dikembe Mutombo to Alonzo Mourning.

Warwick