Re: I was wrong about Larry.

In a message dated 6/12/99 2:28:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

<< So if Larry doesn't pack it in next season, how's he going to get above
 500? As bad as they are, I think I could coach them to 42-40. >>

Where were they before Larry took over?  Under Larry Brown they were out of
the playoffs.
Bird somehow got them to play at a higher level, beyond their talents and
twice nearly took them to the NBA finals.  But this is an aging unit -
getting older right before your eyes.  Will Smits ever again be what he once
was?  Miller?  Mullin?  Jackson?  This years loss might make them come back
angry with something to prove or it may signal the end.  I think it is more
likely the latter.

George