Re: Rick loses his mind.

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> You'd rather see Mercer walk?  Really?

Yes, I really would. I want to see one full season of Walker, Pierce, Mercer,
Kenny and Potapenko, all together. With Battie and a healthy Popeye, if we
could get that. We as fans deserve to see what this team as currently
constituted can do, if they come into camp in shape. I am sick to death of
roster turnover.

 And when
> Dallas has the third pick in the draft, what will you
> say then?

I'll think, "Thank God we didn't just take that 13 year old, 6'7 power forward
or 7'11, 180-pound Slovakian." Unless Tim Duncan goes back to college, the
mythical player you're talking about is years away from helping the Celtics to
the playoffs.

> But I definitely see your point about Dallas not
> having any leverage.  I guess that's where the lotto
> pick comes in.

Rick could get Samaki for Popeye or for the exemption, and still deal Mercer
if he's so hot to do that. As Jim Menino said, if you trade an asset, you
acquire something of value, not other teams' castoffs.