Rick loses his mind.

>John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net> wrote:

>I am still waiting for Pitono to acquire a real player, not a role player.
>Popeye for Walker makes more sense to me.

Absolutely! The Mavs KNOW they're going to lose Walker! In fact, they don't
even WANT him! We could get him for so much less.

(Hey Rick -- I hear you're looking to trade in your BMW convertible. Well, I
have this 94 Tercel that's in great shape ...)

Yeah, Pitino also wants to get rid of Mercer, that's obvious. But I simply
cannot believe that a player with Mercer's pedigree and NBA track record is
worth so little in the eyes of NBA GMs. So teams are "scared off" by what he
might ask for: bottom line, Ron will settle for what the market offers, just
like every other player, whether he does that here or elsewhere. Meanwhile, he
takes a little less than he wants and a little more than we want to pay, and
helps another team become a contender. Nice work, Rick.

And Josh O, don't talk to me again about the Mavs lottery pick. You know what
kind of teams accumulate lottery picks? Losers. Year after stinking year, the
worst teams in the league are in the lottery ... just like we have been, and
will continue to be if we make this trade. I'm sure Samaki Walker, Chris Pansy
and a lottery pick will help us make the playoffs ... and I'm not just talking
this year, but ever.

I am praying to the ju-ju gods that this trade does not happen... I would
rather see Mercer walk at the end of the season.