Re: Rick loses his mind.

You'd rather see Mercer walk?  Really?  And when
Dallas has the third pick in the draft, what will you
say then?  We only GOT Mercer because of a draft deal,
and Walker likewise.  Losers acquire lotto picks, and
winners don't.  That's why having a losing team's
lotto pick is so precious:  because you can win and
still enjoy the privlige of drafting high.  The new
rookie deals make it even more valuable.  Why do you
think San Antonio just won the championship?  Why did
Philly make the playoffs?  top lotto picks.  Even if
we don't keep the pick, we can trade it or package it.

The only thing I don't see is Samaki's salary demands,
particularly if his contract is guaranteed a la
Pervis's.  The bottom line is, if Pitino could get a
veteran star for Mercer, he would.  For my money, the
package of Jackson, Cato and Williams was a much more
attractive deal, but there is no doubt Ron has to be
moved.  The fact that you "simply cannot believe" that
Ron doesn't have more value is what Richard Dawkins
calls "the argument from personal incredulity."  AKA
weak shit.
But I definitely see your point about Dallas not
having any leverage.  I guess that's where the lotto
pick comes in.