Re: This is the mentality of Celtics fans -Reply

Great post, Jim!

Ryan

>>> "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com> 07/30/99 11:05am >>>
>From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
>
>I don't know how else to say it.  We are not giving up
>Mercer for Samaki Walker.  We are also getting a
>number one pick back.  That is a number one pick from
>Dallas.  That is how we got Mercer to begin with.

Yeah, that's right.  So, best case scenerio is you get a pick that turns
into a stud who asks for a ton of money and has to be traded for some
guy
with potential and another draft pick.  And the beat goes on..... I'd rather
see them get a solid performer with perhaps less upside, like they did
with
Potapenko (have I changed my tune on that, or what?).  Who said it a
couple
of days ago (Paul?), Rodney Rogers is looking better and better all the
time.  I don't want to keep waiting for draft picks.  First you wait a year
to get him (or two, in this case) and then you wait a year to find out he
needs two more years of develpoment because, "lets all remember, this
is his
chronological rookie year".  And, by that time he's convinced he's Michael

Freaking Jordan and wants Rick Pitino to personally kiss his ass while
handing him suitcases full of money.  No.  I think this team either has the
components in place or it doesn't.  Pierce and Walker.  Battie and Mercer,

if they aren't too greedy.  Anderson's here for a long time.  You trade
Battie or Mercer only to get a proven performer in a position of need.
You
get a player.  Now.  Not a franchise player, we've got Pierce and Walker,

right.  You get a player, hopefully a legitimate starter, but not
necessarily an all-star.  And you get him now.

Jim