Re: Sherman Douglas

Were all coming out of the woodwork now.

He stands..."Hi my name is ken, I am a Sherman Douglas fan". I believe at certain points it was Sherm's willpower alone that got us into that last playoff appearance vs. the Magic and kept us in it (if only Ford had put in X!!! but that's an argument for previous time and non-existant archives).

Actually, I think the issue is more Sherman Douglas, starter, multimillionaire, versus Sherman Douglas, backup point guard, I'll take the exception please.

He is/was not a premier starting point guard. He is a top-notch 2nd string point guard though. So while many might not have liked the idea of Sherm starting, coming off the bench in replace of Tyus, why not.

Pancake boy would never survive Pitino/Shaun Brown though. Oh wait, Bagley was pancake boy. Sherm was Mr. spaghetti right? (in reference to favorite pregame meals)

>I seem to remember that I was one of the few who wanted to keep Sherman.
>Has he changed, the list  changed, or there's just more folks who
>appreciate him out there now?  I don't know if he can still do it or
>not, so I don't know if I would want him back now.  But it is good to
>see that someone out there besides me liked Sherm and his game.

Ken Kokubo
Network Operations Center
UIS/Harvard University
617.496.8151