Sporting News - Walker next scoring champ?

Could Walker be
           next scoring
           champ?
           JANUARY 28, 1999

           WALTHAM, Mass. -- Now that
           Michael Jordan is gone, somebody
           has to lead the NBA in scoring.

           Why not Antoine Walker?

           "Me?" he said. "I don't know. It's
           hard to say because you never know
           what your role's going to be on this
           team. We've got a lot of guys who can
           score."

           None of the other Boston Celtics has
           done it as well as Walker.

           He was 31st in the NBA in scoring
           with a 17.5 point average as a rookie,
           then jumped to fifth last season at
           22.4. Jordan won the scoring title in
           the last 10 years he played in the
           NBA, interrupted only by a stint in
           minorleague baseball.

           His retirement leaves the race wide
           open. In addition to Jordan, only
           Shaquille O'Neal, Karl Malone and
           Mitch Richmond outscored Walker
           last season. And now the Celtics have
           added shooting coach Andy Enfield
           to help Walker, a 64 percent
           free-throw shooter, and his
           teammates.

           "I want to get better at free throws if I
           plan on having the ball late in the
           game when you get fouled," Walker
           said. "That's not something that I'm
           overly concerned about because I