Subject: Re: Kandiman

From:    Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com> at Internet

Date:    1/26/99  11:33 AM

Joe Hironaka wrote:

> Hi Hart:
>
> I feel the same relief as you that Pitino didn't bankrupt the franchise to
> trade up in the draft for Kandi-man, potentially the biggest bust since
> LaRue Martin. Wow, did we detect Paul M-esque sarcasm in your post?   :-)

Hi Joe,
Wow, Larue Martin, Jeez, I forgot about him, he was a stiff. I was
thinking more in the Benoit Bejamin category. Sarcasm, Moi, never, just
elation he ain't our #1 pick.

> But in fairness, Kandi has only played in 80 organized basketball games in
> his entire life (according, at least, to ESPN).  A guy like Paul Pierce
> probably played that many games prior to his senior year in highschool, no
> doubt against AAU and LA city competition of a very high calibre.
>
> But yeah, Kandi-man so far sounds like your typical LA Toeclippers draft
> mistake.

The big Question is: How does a player who only played 80 games, earn
the distinction of being a #1 pick. I just scratch my head in disbelief
that any team (even the fabled Clippers) could draft him as the #1 pick.

Regards,
Hart