RE: Kim/Walker

Thanks, Kim and the other gentlemen (Jim and Chris? - at my age, if you
remember a lady's name, it's more than enough!) for your posts about the
practice. Nice to hear that Pierce does, indeed, have potential and that
not all of it was hype. Equally nice to hear that Popeye and Barros are
doing well, but before we get carried away, let's just remember that it
was a practice, not even an exhibition game and therefore amounts to,
probably, nothing.
Re Walker, as a captain, you've got to lead, not look for popularity. If
he's being mean in order to exhort his team-mates on, that's fine, if
it's out of sheer arrogance, then he needs taking down. Jordan could
afford to be mean perhaps because he was tireless when it came to
practice and certainly because of his individual brilliance. Walker has
these two qualities to some extent, but he has to prove it beyond doubt.
As for Dwayne S...... wasn't there a similar project undertaken by ....
er.... ah ... what's-his-name ... M.L. Carr (O.K. Kim, don't hit me!) on
an overweight centre whose name I've completely forgotten? (it's the
age-thing!). Guy was 300+ pounds and he was touted as being the one
person who could stand up to Shaq when Shaq was part of the Eastern
conference? Started with a J... (Joseph?). Hopefully, this project won't
prove to be as big a bust as the other.

venkat