Re: Kim/Walker

At 10:18 AM 1/26/99 +0100, Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org> wrote:
>Geez, Kim. I bet you're being a bit too harsh. IMO it was an honest mistake on
>David's part and I think it's basically truthful to say that we old-timers look
>at the classic Celtics teams of our youth through rose-coloured glasses.

Which rather misses the point -he doesn't know how old Paul is or why he
said what he did, but because he doesn't like what Paul said he *assumes*
automatically it means he's a bitter old geezer who equally automatically
because of that and/or bitterness over the money can't appreciate AW. Your
basic ignorant cheap shot based upon prejudice that has nothing to do with
reality, mush less how people look at the Cs teams of their youth.

<snip>
>I hope David keep's posting. No reason why not. He sounds like a Celtics fan to
>me.

Sigh. Did I tell him not to post? No. I explained how he provided a perfect
object lesson on why newbies get told in all the netiquette guides to wait
and  follow things a bit before chiming in. Paul posts often enough that it
wouldn't take long to get his measure. For cripes sake, that suggestion's
for David's own benefit so he doesn't look/act like a fool, not for ours.

>Like I said, I've been in a terrific mood lately :-)

Ducky.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net