Wright

Thoughts on Lorenzen Wright:

1) He is only 6'11, 240 pounds, same size as Battie -- not the guy to take on
Mourning or Ewing in the low post. He scored fewer than 10 ppg, although his 9
boards would be nice. Battie blocked almost the same number of shots per game
(1.1 vs 1.3) in 10 fewer minutes.

2) How the hell could we pay him $10 mil a year? (For that matter, how could
anybody? The most he can earn as a 3 year veteran is $9 mil a year. But
anyway...) We'd have to dump the salaries of Barros, Minor, Ellison and
Battie; even if the Clippers were amenable, they couldn't take on that freight
because Wright currently earns only $1.9 million. Even if the Clips signed him
to an extension before trading him -- which would be a must, as he's a FA this
offseason -- that new salary wouldn't kick in until next year. This makes no sense.

3) Finally, listening to the way he's dressing down his coach, GM and owner in
this article, I say we don't need his 'tude. And Bob Ryan think Antoine is a
snotty punk??! This is a classic example of a kid, and his agent, thinking
he's a lot better than he is.