Re: Battie

At 02:27 PM 1/22/99 -0800, Ken wrote:

>Is this legit?  Does Battie really have a "huge wingspan"?  If so, that
>makes him much bigger than 6'9".  Does he play big?  I've never seen the guy.

Before he fell into the black hole that was known as the Denver Nuggets, he
had a couple of darn good years at Texas Tech.  I saw several of his games
on TV, and he just dominated the middle on offense and defense in Big 12
games.  However, whether he'll be a great pro remains to be seen.  I'm
hoping that he can do it on this level.  I originally hoped that the Cs
would have drafted him, but since they got him now it doesn't matter that
they didn't.

Dave Hughes
Host of "Late in the Evening"
Nebraska Public Radio