Curley

Hey, whoever posted that Bill Curley rumor, you might want to double-check:
USA Today's Web site reports that his contract expired after the 97-98 season.
That could be wrong; or, the Wolves could re-sign, then trade, him, but I
think there are restrictions about the length of contract when you sign your
own FA simply to trade him. If it were more than a one-year deal, we really
wouldn't be saving any time, since Minor's contract expires in 2001; however,
we would get some cap relief immediately since Curley wouldn't command Minor's
salary (he earned soemthing like $1.4 mil or $1.7 mil last year). FWIW, he's
listed at 6'9, 240 and his line last year was 13 mpg, 48% FG, 66% FT, 3.1 PPG,
2.5 RPG. Maybe a return to Bahstin would ignite his fires.

As for my earlier post re: whether we could sign Popeye to the 1-year, $1.6
million exception -- are there rules restricting a team's abilty to re-sign a
FA to a short-term deal for less than he made the year before?