Re: Deals with LAC

> I would give the Clippers Battie, MCCarty or Declercq for Wright.  Wright
> is 6'11" 240 pretty comparable to Tim Duncan, and put up some 20+
> rebounding games last year.

I don't think the Clippers would take DeClerq for Wright.  Besides,
DeClerq is the kind of player who doesn't cost a lot of money, but
helps you win games, and that kind of player is just as important as
your All-stars, because you know you'll always get more than your
money's worth with a DeClerq, and you only have limited funds.

> Imagine:
>
> Wright
> Walker
> Rodgers or Taylor
> Mercer
> Anderson

Yuck!  I like what we have now much better, especially when you consider
the salary cap restrictions.  Battie has similar size to Wright, and he
and Pierce both have tremendous upside potential, and both fit well with
the Celtics system, and we'll have them under rookie contracts longer.
Why take on a player with one year left on his contract, who wants 10
Million a year, when you know you won't be able to pay him that kind of
money?

Jon Mc