Re: We lost Stewart!!!

At 05:28 PM 1/21/99 -0500, Jeremy <jwarren@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
<snip>
>> >WEEI just announced that Stewart signed with Toronto... I guess Jackie
>> >MacMullen was right about free agents not wanting to come to Boston.
>> >Unless we trade for a center, things really look bleak for this season.
<snip>

>Bleak (as defined in the Webster's Lexicon Dictionary):
>
>Losing a free agent recruiting battle with Toronto when they offer $1M for
>one year;
<snip>

Before everyone finishes slitting their throats over this and its supposed
deep significance as to FA's general willingness to come to Boston, didn't I
read in one of the papers yesterday that Yogi's ex college coach is an
assistant in Toronto, which is the main thing making there a draw for him?

Sorry, but bleak was ML doing an intensive coaching search and then
naming... himself, and then renewing himself the next year, so that he could
continue to destroy the franchise and team into a laughingstock -from merely
weak talented into totally clueless, useless, valueless and horrible to
watch. This may not be hoops heaven, but it's a long ways from where we were
not that long ago.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net