Re: We lost Stewart!!!

At 08:40 PM 1/21/99 -0500, Kim Malo wrote:
>>Sorry, but bleak was ML doing an intensive coaching search and then
>naming... himself, and then renewing himself the next year, so that he could
>continue to destroy the franchise and team into a laughingstock -from merely
>weak talented into totally clueless, useless, valueless and horrible to
>watch. This may not be hoops heaven, but it's a long ways from where we were
>not that long ago.
>
>-Kim
>Kim Malo
>kmalo19@idt.net

Thanks Kim,

I have to admit that I'm surprised at the doomsday predictions because we
lost Stewart.  The guy is a marginal player and probably is too small to
play center.  Last year we signed a marginal player to a big contract  and
it almost turned into a salary cap albatross.  Fortunately, we were able to
trade Travis Knight for Tony Battie.

Hey, I'm perfectly willing to go into the season with the guys that we've
got.  We're not going to compete for the championship even if we had Stewart.

Ken

mattinak@teleport.com
mattinak@ohsu.edu