please don't!!!

Dear Rick,

Don't trade talent for position!!! This is a one-way ticket to mediocrity.
We will all be kicking ourselves for years if we trade Pierce for some big
ugly stiff, and two years down the line Pierce is an all-star and our big
ugly stiff is trade bait (probably for a versatile SF). Talent is a rare
commodity, and it doesn't come along every day. We were lucky to pick up
Pierce. Let's not waste the chance. We are VERY weak at centre, that's
true, but we're a damn sight better off than last year, so let's wait!
Remember, a quickly-improving Ben Pepper is only a year or two away!

Cheers,

Pete