Subject: Re: Just Great

From:    Mister Ghost <mister_ghost@yahoo.com> at Internet

Date:    1/18/99  1:17 PM

I would think, if they're acquiring Battie,
then they're either planning to renounce Popeye
or he's headed elsewhere.  Battie isn't a center;
hell, he might not even be a power forward, but it's a worthy gamble,
since he only has two years
left on his contract.  We probably won't know till
Thursday, since the start of camps has been delayed as they work out
the final details of the
agreement.
MG

---peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com> wrote:

> Well, those of you on this list who were adamantly opposed to the
Celtics
> signing Geiger got your wish. We'll see how you feel after Geiger
and Ratliff
> come in this season and ram the ball down our throats (while
blocking six or
> eight shots). (Although I would not have paid $9 mil a year for
Geiger, so I
> guess it's moot.) So much for his wanting to be a Celtic. IMO, this
skews the
> market for FA centers (like M. Stewart) way out of whack -- our best
bet might
> be to reconsider that Campbell trade, if such a deal ever existed.
However,
> ESPN.net is reporting a Travis-for-Battie deal is now imminent.
Personally, I