stewart

On a thinly Celtics-related note:

As I've mentioned before, I am a sports writer for a newspaper in Middletown,
Ohio. Butch Carter, the head coach of the Raptors, is from Middletown.

I interviewed him last week for a story that ran in our paper Sunday. Not
anything hard-hitting, just kind of a state-of-the-team thing we do a few times
a year.

Butch mentioned that the Raptors were hoping to sign one more young, active big
man to play center and allow Kevin Willis to spend more time at the power
forward spot, spelling Charles Oakley (who he said the team would like to re-
sign, although it might not be likely). I didn't know at the time that the
Raptors were interested in Stewart, but he certainly seems to fit that
description.

Anyway, that's some of the thinking north of the border.

Mark