Re: Contest

I think Travis will be leaving us shortly.  I have no idea what the Cs
will be doing for center this year, but Travis won't be it.  I wouldn't
be surprised to see the Mashburn deal if Sprewell goes to Miami.  Make
that trade (Mash for Travis & Minor), then sign a 1.7 million exception
center and a backup point with the other exception, I guess.  Am I right
in saying they can still sign Popeye, given he's already on the team?

Andrew / FA
Antoine / Popeye
Pierce / Mashburn / McCarty
Mercer / Bowen
Anderson / Barros / FA

Pervis IR; Dontae IR or cut.

Popeye helps out at center in emergencies.  The team is still weak at
center, but is otherwise well balanced.  Who is available at that price
for center?  Stewart or Ratliff?  Or are they too expensive?  Live with
whatever that brings until a better center is available through a trade
or the draft.

Jim