>Williams not only ate himself out of a job in Washington, he did the
same with
>the Clippers, where Larry Brown was a big advocate for him. Then, Brown
hired
>him AGAIN in Indiana, and the same thing happened. If a demanding coach
like
>Brown couldn't get the guy in gear (not to mention the prospect of all
those
>lost dollars), why would RP and another bagful of money make any
difference?

*** When Larry Brown signed him up, John 'hot plate' was signed AS IS.
Bloated and all.  But this time, there were reports that he has lost a
great amount of weight.  Thus, this is an indication that he has finally
resolve to pick up from where he left off 10 years ago.

Re: his knee...you got a good point there.  The condition of his knees
are really suspect at best.  fyi, he is only 32 years old.

? Besides the weight and motivation issues, Williams also has a balky
>knee, AND he's not young anymore; that was 10 years ago he was "one of
the
>youngest players in the league." I would absolutely, positively, under
any
>circumstances NOT want to lose Popeye to add Williams. (Besides, how
would
>that free up any cap room??)

If the Cs renounce Popeye, that would free up about 1.9 M in cap room.
Hot Plate certainly would not demand to be paid  more than Popeye.

btw, I love Popeye too...Im just mentioning the probabilities.  Signing
Hot Plate AND Popeye seems illogical.