I have a real problem with Hot Plate Williams. (Actually, I dislike that
nickname, since I think it's cruel to mock the guy's obvious eating disorder.
But I digress).

Williams not only ate himself out of a job in Washington, he did the same with
the Clippers, where Larry Brown was a big advocate for him. Then, Brown hired
him AGAIN in Indiana, and the same thing happened. If a demanding coach like
Brown couldn't get the guy in gear (not to mention the prospect of all those
lost dollars), why would RP and another bagful of money make any difference?
Sometimes you're just throwing good money after bad -- anybody remember Roy
Tarpley? Besides the weight and motivation issues, Williams also has a balky
knee, AND he's not young anymore; that was 10 years ago he was "one of the
youngest players in the league." I would absolutely, positively, under any
circumstances NOT want to lose Popeye to add Williams. (Besides, how would
that free up any cap room??)