I'm From Jersey....

And I was at the game tonight with my 5 year old daughter Elizabeth,
who has been a huge Walker fan since she was old enough to recognize
the number 8.

<< right now Pierce is the main Celtic
                 (duhh),
                 and Walker needs to realize that and quit this prima
donna BS.>>

Hate to diasgree with my fellow Celtic fan Bob George, and hate to use
the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, but that sure wasn't the case tonight.
 This was the 2nd game this season (the other being the win in Miami)
that Walker really looked like the Walker we've grown accustomed to.
He played phenomenally.  He never quit working, which is why Elizabeth
and I love him.  Sure, the wiggle is ugly.  His whole game is ugly --
compare him to Mercer coming off a screen, or Pierce gliding to the
bucket.  There's nothing fluid about Antoine at all.  But when he's
right, he's the Terminator.  He just keeps comin' atcha.  Antoine
carried them tonight when Pierce was not his usual brilliant self
(until the last part of the fourth, when both of them lit it up).  I
just hope this means he's back in shape.  It is going to be an awful
lot of fun watching him battle Van Horn for the next 10-15 years.

Wiggle on, Toine!  Just make those free throws, huh?

Another highlight was getting to sit next to a visibly depressed John
Nash (the Nets' GM) -- I'm only sorry I didn't get to thank him for
making the trade (Shawn Bradley & assorted other crap to Dallas for
Sam Cassell, Chris Gatling, Jim Jackson & Montross) that cemented the
Mavs deep in the '97 lottery and landed us Ron Mercer.  Also saw
Willis Reed, who recoiled in mock horror at my Celtics number 6 jersey
-- but shook my hand and gave me an autograph (Knick or no Knick, he
was one of the greatest).

What a fun night!  It was especially gratifying to see Elizabeth
experience the excitement of a hard fought Celtics win firsthand
(rather than through old videotapes of Larry & Co.).  My wife and I
are bringing Elizabeth to the FleetCenter in May, and I can't wait!

Michael Gooen