Re: Rumor Du Jour

-----Original Message-----
From: Georgek27@aol.com <Georgek27@aol.com>

>As I was driving home and unable to catch the start of the game on TV, I
>listened to the start of the game along with the pre-game show on the Nets'
>Radio station. According to Mike O'Koren, the Celtics & Hornets will
exchange
>Barros for Wesley any day now.

If that happens that would really be a steal. Wesley is playing much better
than Barros, and also is making less money. I don't understand the Charlotte
angle though, because they had a Dana Barros prototype last year in Tony
Delk but they traded him to Golden State.

> He also said that Pitino wants Earvin Johnson
>who George Karl does not want and he believes that will get done also.

I think that is a do-able deal and I wonder what we will have to give up
<aybe a 2nd round draft pick>. Earvin Johnson is a very good rebounder and
can also block shots. I am impressed by Battie's ability to block shots and
basically do the little things like tip ins etc. He may not be worth a 5th
pick but he is a useful player and I hope the C's sign him long term when
his contract expires, he fits Pitino's system.

>P.S. Walker can wiggle all he wants as long as he plays aggressively as far
as
>I'm concerned. But PLEASE Antoine - hit a bleepin FT once in a while!

Walker is using a new shooting style and basically lost his confidence. He
probably needs to see a shrink before he gets it back. - Mishra