Re: Post doctor

Your description of Max is exactly how I see Antoine playing.  He's not
the type that bumps a guy three feet to make space and then goes up
strong, dunking in his face.  He's also not very much of a leaper, from
what I see.  He's a finess inside player, but he isn't as savvy as Max
was, yet.  He's ultra-quick for a power forward, but has to learn that
speed is most effective in bursts, not constantly going at full speed.
As far as his physique goes, he seems pretty narrow to me, especially
around the shoulders.  Either that or his head's three feet wide.

One other observation, for what it's worth, is that he never stops
playing with his shorts.  Even when he's in the middle of a play,
especially on defense.  My wife thinks he should start a trend to go
back to the tight shorts now that Jordan's gone.

One final thing, I know you are fond of Pseudo-Spanish but I thought
that in defference to my Italian heritage and Rick Pitino, not to
mention my fondness for cannoli, a more appropriate nickname would
be....

Il Dolce

>Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:11:40 +0100
>From: Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>
>To: Jim Meninno <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>, celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Post doctor
>
>The remarkable thing about the "rubber band man" was that he often
released his shot after barely jumping or just prior to landing. He had
a knack for wiggling into the one nook or cranny where he could release
an uncontestable shot. Plus while he was only 6-8 and skinny, he could
guard a Moses Malone or a Julius Erving. Plus he was articulate,
animated, funny. I bet he could coach young NBA players.

>By contrast, Antoine Walker has a great body structure to eventually
play at 250 pounds or more IMO. Maybe if I watched the last two  games
I'd have a 180 degree change of heart, but right now I'm not convinced
the Celtics should give up on Toine as a power forward, especially if it
means trading an "asset" to get help in the paint.