Re: Post doctor

I kind of view certain post players like Maxwell as having unteachable or
innate instincts, as though they were born with a third eye facing
backwards. But, on the other hand, Bird mastered post play as a 3rd or 4th
year pro and even McHale didn't really quite get it as a rookie, so it's
possible Antoine can pick it up too, what with his peripheral vision etc. I
guess the big trick is to stay calm and focus your decision making on which
way the defender may be leaning, whether left, right or forward and back.
It's probably a lot like Judo or Sumo in terms of body balance and using
your opponent's strength against them. Anyway, it's obvious that the great
post players literally ALWAYS react or adjust exactly according to what a
defender gives them, rather than mechanically spin and shoot. That's way
easier said than done. Whenever they do it right, it looks like everything
is moving in slow motion.

BTW, yes Antoine Walker seems to have an unusually wide head. Sometimes he
reminds me of a big baby. His mom and sisters probably can't help but spoil
him.

Joe

N.B. I don't think I could keep a straight face referring to ANY Celts list
member as "Il Dolce". Maybe Sweet Sugar Jim?

***