Kenny Anderson

As one who posted a "Kenny Anderson sucks" post, let me elaborate.

First off, I never suggested getting rid of him just yet.  I truely
understand his importance to this team.  However, I do have serious
problems when the point guard has the second most shots attempted when
he should be able to realize that he isn't shooting it very well yet.
I'm sorry, but shooting something like 33% is absolutely unacceptable
for a starting point guard.  Traditionally, points guards have very good
shooting percentages because they look to set their teammates up first,
second, and third, and only when he has a clear look at the bucket or if
the shot clock is winding down should the point man throw it up.  Kenny
needs to shoot.  It's important that he keeps the defense honest.  I'm
questioning his shot selection right now, especially since he is now a
combined 16 for 52 or something like that.  It's not just his shooting
either.  He has killed the half court set too often with too much
dribbling.  When you only have 24 seconds to get a shot off, the point
guard needs to be efficient every trip down the floor.  Kenny's
dribbling and poor shot selection is causing the C's to be caught
throwing up prayers with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock.  I guess I'm
just disppointed more than anything.  I'm convinced that any starting
and many back up point guards could be doing as well if not better than
Kenny in the C's offense at this point.  Given that we gave up a veteran
like Dee Brown and a young point guard with significant skills in
Billups to get Anderson, I expect a bit more.  I don't care if it's
early.  In another few weeks, the season will be 1/3 complete so there
is absolutely no time to waste.

Todd
P.S.  Cheers to Kenny for hitting all fourteen of his freethrow against
Miami.  That's a stat any fan can love.  Jeers to Walker for hitting
only 3 or 9 from the charity strip in the same game.  This kid needs to
understand that those types of numbers cannot continue.  Sure he had 31
points, but he could easily have had 35 or more.