Re: Time loop? Ouch man!

At 08:59 AM 2/10/99 -0500, Christopher J. Littlefield wrote:
>Snoop?  Here Snoop!  Got a reality biscuit for you...
>
>But seriously...

Oh, sure.  Promise to feed me then back out.  Phooey.  :>))))

>I'm just trying to do my part.  In the past when I've said they'd be
>good, they've sucked, and when I've said
>they would suck, they've been...a little better.  Of course my
>predictions are obviously the lynch-pin around which reality is
>created...

Well, *your* reality, sure.  *Mine*, on the other paw...   :>))

>I'm sticking with 20 but will be the happiest fan on this list when they
>go for 30 and start wreaking havoc in the playoffs.

We might have to compete for that title--not that I imagine anyone here
will be upset if it comes to that...

>This week should be a good break for them, and when I first looked at
>the schedule and saw Sacramento, my first thought was...doormat.
>
>No longer.  Did anyone out there see the can of whupass they opened last
>night on Phoenix?  Beat'em by 17 _at_ Phoenix.  Webber went for
>28/20/6, with 3 blocks and okay, 7 TO's.  Divac nearly got a triple
>double again.  Jason Williams is shaping up to be Pierce's best comp for
>ROY and they are just freakin' BIG!  Hopefully they'll be on the 3d of
>their back-back-back.

Or maybe we just hope they don't like Ainge.  :>)

>Our only other advantage is that 'Toine has probably already begun to
>salivate at the thought of Webber and last year's games...
>
>No disrespect to Pierce, as I've been, like y'all, very pleasantly
>shocked at his 4th quarter heroics, but hey, he better be freakin'
>rested and ready after getting splinters in his butt for the rest of the
>game.  As soon as he gets the foul trouble under control, I'd be psyched
>if he could produce similarly throughout...

My thoughts also.  He's good, but he needs to bring that exuberance under
control.

>And hey, 'Toine is the man, pure and simple.  He's a beast.  Without his
>production, no way Pierce would have mattered in the fourth of either
>game 'cause we would have been down 40.  Who at 6'9" can handle, go
>inside, go outside, pass, rebound, and occasionally defend like that?

Larry Bird.  Hey, you asked.  :>))

poof....
Snoopy, the Celtics Beagle