Re: The center cannot hold

>Finally, word here in the Bay Area is that Erick Dampier is unhappy with his
>lack of PT so far. This is a situation that could bear watching; the Warriors
>say he's one of their cornerstones, and he's said he wants to get a deal done
>to stay with the team. But if they continue to play him just 20 a game, he's
>sounding now like he might look elsewhere. If that happens, I would urge the
>Celts to strike quickly -- he averaged 12 & 9 last year, can block shots,
>defend the post and run the floor. Probably a pipe dream, but one that
>bears monitoring.

Peter, it certainly does. This young man can play. That franchise is a
mess, their coach is a mess, the situation is hopeless out there, and
Dampier certainly would look great playing between Walker and Pierce. An
article @:

http://www.sjmercury.com/sports/warriors/docs/war021099.htm

and another @:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/examiner/hotnews/stories/10/
Pwarriors.dtl

addresses Dampier's frustrations. Peter, you're right, it's probably a pipe
dream, but....stranger things have happened. Let's hope Pitino is watching
the situation out there.

Paul M.