Re: Celtics list fantasy basketball league

Anne Yates wrote:

> I thinks the Celtics will be a nice surprise this season.  I
> predict 38-12 and will blow away all those people predicting
> them 6th in the Atlantic!  The short season will be to their
> advantage (I hope my confidence does not get the best of
> me).

Oh, you go Celtic girl!!   Now here's a Celtics fan to put all of us to
shame....

BTW, I humbly do think that that we may be over-rating the rosters of these
brittle old teams like the Pacemakers, the Knicks and the Gizz. I think the
Celtics (average age of our 5 exhibition game starters is 23.4 years) will
peak by the playoffs, and that our green, cocky, high-energy brats will topple
a few of the ruling class Dream Teamers (Chris Mullin, Larry Johnson, Bark and
Pip etc). If not now, then real soon.

There will surely be some embarrassing games this year, but everyone on our
Celtics roster is finally a plus-rebounder for his position (except Mercer and
Kenny) and everyone can and will develop pride in what a dazzling passing and
finishing team (notably Kenny and Mercer) we could consistently become
throughout 2000-2010.

"Numbah 17 in Shaq's and Kobe's Face in 2000"

Joe

N.B. Although I am also a list rookie in the end, I really like how the "Re:
Predictions" debate has prompted many previously unheard-from list-members to
add  interesting/provocative ideas. It makes me look forward to great list
posts throughout this year for the most exciting young team in the NBA.

****