Re: i'm satisfied

KK wrote:

> W wrote:
>
> > Dont tell me.. You actually call Tony Battie and Pervis Ellison a space eater??
> > Shame on you.
>
> No, I call Potapenko and Fortson space eaters. However, given their lack of
> reach and leaping ability, both will have to play a lot smarter if they want to
> avoid being their own shot eaters  and foul eaters. They should be made to watch
> old Laimbeer tapes - how good ol' Bill would walk right up to the man taking a
> shot and throw him off-balance, or how he would block shots and get rebounds
> *while standing on the floor*. If you can't play "on the second floor", you
> better have very intelligent game on the ground.

Potapenko is a very good player, but I see him in our ideal system (and what I think
Pitino envisions him as) is the first big man from the bench at both big man
positions. If we could somehow get another one (better than Pot)  then the opposition
wouldn't have layup drills.

Bill Laimbeer is a PERFECT example of what I'd love to be able to get and there are a
few out there. Matt Geiger perhaps.

Warwick