Re: i'm satisfied

W wrote:

> Got the game live in Australia on ESPN today. I'm satisfied. We're not a
> fine quality playoff team just yet, but we're only one player away from
> a championship calibre squad. Hopefully we can get another space eater
> in the draft this year, perhaps Mihm?

We have enough space eaters. We need a C/PF who does not get stuffed every
single time he tries to  shoot a layup. If Pitino doesn't trade our lottery pick
and we get lucky, we might even get a C/PF who can dunk.  (I know that Battie
can, but his preferred shot these days is the 22-foot glass-breaker). As far as
being one player away from a championship-caliber team, sure, if the player is
Tim Duncan. We would still need an NBA coach, though.

> I thought that Jon Barry is an absolute dirty player and if he ever
> comes to Australia he wont leave alive, how he tried to break Paul
> Pierce's ankle is the second time that I have seen him attempt to injure
> someone with intent. He shouldn't be allowed to play in the league.

I'm not so sure it was intentional. What was amazing was that the refs called a
foul on the Kings at all, the way they were calling the game. I'm really
impressed by the self-control of our young players, because the temptation to
slug some of these refs must be unbearable at times.

> Anyways, you know the game is an absolute farce when Antoine gets a tech
> for cheering a basket and Barry isn't given a flagrant.

Again, if a fight had broken out, as it threatened to a couple of times, it
would've been all refs' doing. I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

> Good game by Antoine imho; Adrian Griffin really disappointed me, I was
> expecting at least some effort on the defensive side of things.

Hello?!? The guy wasn't far from a triple-double: 7-13 FG, 14 pts., 10 reb., 6
assists, and I don't know how he didn't get credited with a single steal, for I
clearly saw him rip the ball out of the Kings' hands a couple of times. What
else do you want him to do? There were 2 reasons the Celts didn't get blown out
by 30: Adrian Griffin and Jason Williams. The latter's shot selection kept us
alive - he makes Antoine look like John Stockton.

> Rick Pitino is a better GM than he is coach - I think I've finally
> learnt that today.

Tonight on TNT Mark Jackson declared that Pitino is the best coach in
basketball. Has he checked Orlando's record, its lineup, and the resume of its
coach? What about the Lakers?  Is any coach getting LESS out of what he has than
Pitino? OK, maybe Tim Floyd is, of those still coaching, but he's Chicago's
version of M.L.

> Oh well, our season will change from that game. Good things to come.

No, Warwick, Rick ain't gonna get fired soon, not with the beautiful chemistry
this team has. Just gotta love how Kenny has a 3-on-1, but calls his own number
and gets stuffed. Later,  Antoine steals the ball near the sideline and, despite
having Kenny all alone under the basket, chooses to drive the 20+ feet to the
hoop under heavy pressure and score himself. Hey, but Dana is shooting well now
when it doesn't really matter, because we can't keep a 20 point lead, never mind
come back from a 20 point deficit. After we go 2-13 in January, Pitino will
declare that this team is too young to be coachable (what, did he have
35-year-olds on his college teams?) and will trade our lotery pick this year +
Pervis's expiring contract for free agent-to-be Mark Jackson to become our point
guard of the future at 35. (Just joking on the last one - I think.)