What is it about Barkley?

What is it about Barkley that is likable?  If a number of other players
did some of the things he did, they would be vilified.  Can you imagine
if Spre threw someone through a plate glass window or spat on a fan?
Yet, not only did he do it, but he retained respect.  Is he a con man?
Or, was he just that honest that most people liked him anyway.  I am
just reflecting on his career and wondering about why I will miss him,
when I wouldn't miss Spre, Iverson, or Rider if they just walked away.
There is some kinda charisma there, that is lacking in the others.
Maybe he really did care about the "game".

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net