Re: Larry Hughes

    This whole thread ignores some realities.  First, none of us thinks that
the Celtics are a whole lot more than a .500 team at this point.  Second, the
media has us pumped into this "phenom" crap, so we think everyone who isn't
an all-star by age 22 is a lost cause.  (some wise person said that making
the all-star team was the worst thing that ever happened to walker.  I
agree.)   Folks, Kobe isn't the rule, he's the exception.  Jordan had three
or four fairly quiet years before he exploded, as did Malone.  I predicted 40
or 41 wins this year and would be happy with that.  But if you want long
term?  They better win 50 next year and close to 60 the following year.  This
is a very youg team.  Pierce is in his second season and, given the strike,
is really playing in about his 65th NBA game!  Cut these guys some slack.