Re: Keep Antoine

>From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
>
>Two reason why Walker's not going anywhere.....he's too expensive and not
>worth it.

That's one reason, not two.

>His 19 points per game come at the expense of 42% shooting, 6.6
>rebounds and 68% foul shooting. If he were listed on the market he'd be
>listed as a don't buy, overvalued.

Several people have pointed out that virtually all young stars not named Tim
Duncan come with this kind of baggage.  We get to see them occaisionally and
watch them doing some marvelous stuff on highlight films, but guys like
Shareef and Van Horn are no more consistent than Antoine.  The difference
seems to be, this year anyway, that Antoine has done what his coach has
asked and ignored his statistics.  He doesn't insist that he scores 20
points a game because it looks better than 18.  He's playing fewer minutes
than ever, and not complaining about it like a lot of other players would.
There are no statistics in the Celtics locker room this year, and for a very
good reason.  Let's just hope the fans don't teach these players that unless
you put up flashy stats, you're going to get run out of town.  We're
supposed to be smarter than that, remember?

Jim